- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons water, very hot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7oz) jar marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting-
- 4 (1oz) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line cupcake pan with liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water.
- Pour batter into prepared pans, about 3/4 full. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool completely before icing.
- Dissolve the salt in the hot water and allow to cool.
- Whip the marshmallow fluff, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla until it begins to get fluffy. Add the salt water and whip well.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Pour melted chocolate into cream cheese and mix until combined. Add vanilla and pinch of salt. Gradually add in powdered sugar.
Fill cupcakes with marshmallow mixture. Frost with chocolate frosting and top with chopped almonds.